Teen Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath
Rules Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcapRules Discussion - Page 2 I_voting_barRules Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Emmi-chan
Rules Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcapRules Discussion - Page 2 I_voting_barRules Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Moon
Rain-chan
Hotwire
ChaosTrinity
Hellbreaker3
JaK
Stryker
Mr.Blade
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
Rules Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Rules Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
Rules Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%Rules Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 340 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 am
Affiliates

Rules Discussion

Go down 
+2
JaK
Tannascurath
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

Rules Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:50 pm

He's Trigon! He's the king of Hell! He can't just die...
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 pm

jak what are your thoughts youll have to be deciding vote on this one
Back to top Go down
https://scrpg.forumotion.com
Stryker
Sidekick
Sidekick
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Probably a bit late but yes, so long as the post requirment is apart of that. That way we don't have people with two posts running around with two canons.
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:54 am

Trigon cannot die....He's lord of one of the 9 levels of hell. As he himself has said and in real comics his loss to the Titans only severely weakened him. He would've came back for revenge, but when he was weakened the other demon lords attacked him for his domain and he had to battle them to keep them away.

Either way, he should be unavailable for Rps UNLESS it's storyline centering around Raven.

And as for the teams, I mean not only titans and BOE, but Doom Patrol, HIve Five too....You should only be allowed one canon from any teams and definitely only one Titan honorary or otherwise.

Although, I think Brain and Mala should count as one because...well...obviously you cant do much with brain in RP.
Back to top Go down
http://ttrpg.forumotion.com/
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 pm

ok so basically this is what we are looking at let me know what you think

Old Rule:
Each member is allowed to choose 1 of the listed canons to rp with(as long as they are acepted first) You are only allowed to have 1 canon character at a time so no one feels like one person is "hogging" some characters. You are only allowed to pick a character from the list of canons in canon section. If there is a canon character not listed and you think it should be for what ever reason just PM a mod and ask them about it but ry to stick to only characters form DC universe.

New Rule:
Each member is allowed to choose 2 of the listed canons to rp with(as long as they are acepted first) You are only allowed to have 2 canon character at a time so no one feels like one person is "hogging" some characters. You are only allowed to pick a character from the list of canons in canon section. If there is a canon character not listed and you think it should be for what ever reason just PM a mod and ask them about it but ry to stick to only characters form DC universe.

If you Choose a canon like Mala and the brain or Más y Menos that need each other they will only count as 1 canon thus allowing you to pick one more canon. If you believe the canon(s) you are picking up should be counted as one single one please add this to the Canon pp and the mod or Admin that checks your pp with see if it could work well as one whole canon instead of two separate ones.

You are not allowed to have more than 1 canon in a team like the Teen Titans, HIVE 5, or brother hood of evil because having 2 canons in a small popular group like those is unfair to the other fans who would want to pick them up. Also Rave fans we know Trigon is not listed but this is only because he is only allowed being used in big threads dedicated more towards Rave so please don't complain he is not up there.
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Perfecto. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 pm

changing now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 pm

I think there should be a increase of original characters from 3 to 5-8. There is always many more ideas for characters and to be honest with you guys here, making the limit 3 forces someone to delete a character that may be involved in RP. And say they can't delete until the RP is finished because of someone wants them to finish it or is involved with their character. This rule can make those people in not only those situations but many other kinds unhappy.

If I was in complete control of what this one rule dictated, I'd put no limit at all, but to be flexible I decided to only ask for a few more extra ones. I myself have 7 character ideas, I know there's NPC characters, but I prefer to actually use these characters as the non-NPC ones. Some people say "Technically there is no limit to characters just make a bunch of NPC's for any character you want and use it like that, its almost the same thing.".

The issue I have with this thing people say and variations of it, is the fact that if its that easy to have more then 3 characters technically then why bother having a limit at all. I understand there are certain things required for a site to run. But I know this would be a good improvement, and many would be happy. Not to mention look at the positive angles to this:

1. People would post more character ideas
2. More chances to RP
3. A more diverse community of characters
4. Areas would fill up finally, letting players RP with those who can RP only there
5. Hundreds of plot ideas and stories to be told on this site
6. Will generate those who dislike this rule, to come to this site in order to share more characters
7. More characters means more fun and fights IC
8. Collaboration skills of all players would increase as they would start to make characters connected towards others

There are some more that can come to mind with these possibilities, and it could make many to everyone happy. Now I realize some of you sceptics out there may not like this, but keep in mind, is this your view on how the rule will affect everyone or just how it affects you? I realize this would put more work on the Mods, and administrators, but to be honest most apps are approved in a day, even if you guys fall behind, it will still be good for everyone else. Remember one thing this may be your site, but don't sites like these, come to existence to let those who join have fun? Your jobs aren't meant to be a walk in the park.

These will be hard choices yes, but they will be a good idea. Eventually if new players stop coming in it'd be nice that new apps don't cease. Another point is some people tend to interact with all characters they wanted to, or they have no one to. With more characters being let in this means the probability of them finding someone ideal to RP with will increase with the more characters that are approved. One more thing to keep in mind not everyone may take this up at first, it would hit you guys like a tsunami. Not everyone will come up with character ideas everyday or all the time. So there will be times of leisure, and then other times you may be piled with applications.

I come here to ask you, along with all who come to vote to choose yes. This could bring hundreds of good possibilities and it will make quite a few people to be happier with this change. I beseech you all if there is something you think is a issue with accepting this rule speak it, and I will see if I can counter it with facts, and solid answers.

You will not regret giving a yes to this. And if you decide to chose for a no limit policy that would only increase the benefits of all that I mentioned even more.
Back to top Go down
Abyssal
Sidekick
Sidekick
Abyssal

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:09 am

<3
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 am

To this I say when someone proves they can juggle more then three regularly, then and only then should the rule be changed. I know I can, but not everyone else can and that can hinder some people. I thinkt he phrase goes...Eyes too big for your stomach or bit off more then they could chew.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:48 pm

both jak and steven are right so I'd say for now only increase the number to 4 so current members can make more charries and have the chance to use their new canon slot that we just approved.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:55 pm

I think we should do it, but You should have a certain amount of posts or experience to have more characters. I think 8 characters is okay if they roleplayer have experience. I agree with Steven because honestly I have so many character ideas it's not even funny! So I do pass this rule, but there should be some limit and guideline, like you can only have one Titan or one HIVE member. Having no limit on characters would get messy though, and sometimes i'm so bored on here I wish people would get on and make an app, so Yes!

I CONCUR!
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 pm

ok there was a mini discussion in the cb and I think this edit to the old rule is a good idea you know allow them to have a lot of charries after they gain enough expireance so here's the new changed rule.

[Character Limit: You are allowed to have 4 characters to start off with. Once you have gained 150 posts you are allowed to have 6(total) this is to make sure no one gets to over whelmed with the characters they have made by making too many at first.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Season 2 available canon characters

Ok in S2 I am willing to change the cannon list of available cannons to any DC character from only Teen Titan series character but say you get a yj version of a character I want to know from all of you should we have them just jump into the rp as if they were from tt series or have them keep the yj story line and have them come from alternate universe and if so should we allow more than one version of some one like have both tt kf and yj kf? please reply with your thoughts

also if we have both yj and tt forms of charries event group will have to come up with unaveral explination on why and how they got in tt universe
Back to top Go down
Rain-chan
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
Rain-chan

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:25 pm

I believe we should go ahead and expand the canon character list. I think it should be left up to the individual as to whether they want to keep the yj story line or not, (though this may be impossible to allow some to just jump in while others keep their yj story...) I do not think we should allow doubles because that would get awfully confusing...
Back to top Go down
Stryker
Sidekick
Sidekick
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:11 pm

I think we should allow doubles and expand characters... Also I can see ways it would work out Rain. For example, the founding members of YJ left to found the Teen Titans. So perhaps they time traveled.

Past selves, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Having doubles will be too hard and too ridiculous due to one might rp KF one way and the other a different way and then we'd all judge their roleplaying. Eventually one flash might turn evil because the other does more good deeds, which would make the point of having a dbbl flash even more pointless, when we could just have an evil speedster char. Or notice in YJ there's already 2 speedys...so we'd have 3 here!?

That being said, have them be from this universe, but they do need to be toned down. Miss Martian has wayyy too many powers and abilities, shes JLA level plus in comics and in YJ her telepathic powers are too much. So either way she needs to e toned down.

I say have them be from this universe, research their powers, and tone them down a bit to match TT of this site. Or rather stay at YJ level, which YJs miss martian doesnt have very much super strength and SUperboy had trouble lifting a bus. However, If there's a problem where using them contradicts TT verse. EX: SUperboy doesn't age on YJ, but normally he does. Then it should be discussed with mod approving the app and they choose the outcome which fits this site better.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:34 pm

how about we just allow people to bring in yj or tt versions as long as there isn't already one and I know mm is like JL strong but I don't like toning down characters who are supposed to be that strong but if we have her come from yj i think we should keep her powers the same but if she comes from tt we can tone her down and do so with other characters like her as well
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Problem is YJ's not finished yet, so some stuff there might seriously contradict there now or later on. Like Zatanna and Artemis know who both KF and Robin really are in YJ. Allow them to come here and suddenly they could start blabbing it and it would totally be in character, so telling them not to would be kinda dumb as well as other stuff that contradicts. EX: Jason Todd here might be red X, Jason Todd there is dead. Yet in TT, we dont know if Robin ever even met him, so if they start bringing up Red X could be Jason Todd, I wouldn't know what to say... Thus, why doing that might be changing from Teen Titans Go, to DC Universe.

So I strongly suggest, you keep YJ story line or characters out of this verse and just allow for characters from it, but say they're from TT verse. Same with comics, which could be EVEN more contradictory.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:01 pm

how about we keep all the past story lines of tt and now start to fill in any blanks with DC Universe/YJ info so we can bring over YJ characters. All we have to do is see how far this tt site is plot wise and fill in the rest of the blanks. Once we do that we can make things more DC and YJ and once we do that we can allow an DC Universe person to come in as a Cannon.
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Works for me. Although, I say just fil lit in when we come to it, because there's way too many characters to try and figure out where they all fit. In fact, lets just say YJ started abit after the brotherhood thing. However, the Robin there was Tim Drake and the flash was replaced with Impulse. That way everything still works and it makes since because Titans mainly stay in JC anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:46 pm

ok well since thats all set up i think it would be ok if we start allowing members to take on the new cannons now and I'll add on the new extended cannon list in a bit any objections?
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:21 pm

May I throw up the idea of bringing the other towers closer together? I know you like the idea of keeping them spread apart, but Paige...As I predicted 90% of posts are in Steel City orrr Jump City. So that's not really working out and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I mean TC has a bunch of alumni, but the other towers are empty.

This tells you people rather be honorary than RP by themselves in different states. Especially when the sites not big enough to effectively spread out and cover 50 states anyway. I suggest trying to cover all of the USA later on when things are more active, but keep it tight knit for now in just Jump and Steel with teams, so it can expand later when things get cluttered.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:05 am

well we culd bring the towers al to one state till they are all filled and we get more people on then move them back to their original places
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:14 am

That might work better, put them in diff cities, near JC, which is by Gotham. We could put them in Metropolis and Gotham...Mix things up a bit from the traditional stuff. That way we'd for sure have something to RP with and definite activity because we could use actual villains, like Killer Croc, Firefly, Clayface, Etc. Also, there'd be a reason for Titans to be in Gotham and Metropolis. Especially if were thinking about using YJ stuff on here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion   Rules Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules Discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next