Teen Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_lcappower level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_voting_barpower level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_rcap 
Emmi-chan
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_lcappower level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_voting_barpower level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_rcap 
Moon
Rain-chan
Hotwire
ChaosTrinity
Hellbreaker3
JaK
Stryker
Mr.Blade
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_lcap0%power level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_lcap0%power level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
power level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_lcap100%power level limit (mods and admins only topic) I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 340 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 am
Affiliates

power level limit (mods and admins only topic)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

power level limit (mods and admins only topic) Empty
PostSubject: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:24 am

This is the official thread for discussing the power level limit. I want to know how you feel about making characters that are just made stick to the regular limit while characters we all know and love that have been around for a very long time be able to slowly progress even further but not too much at a time. I want to talk about this because making them always stick to the same limit characters that have been around for lets say 3 years on her(rp time) would be stuck being at the same level power wise as a character that just got on with little to know experience.

I think the over all max level they can go to is JL but I think we should only grant one persons character able to do this only rarely like once a mouth or something so not every one that thinks their character is bad ass can do this. if this does go threw I can make special ranks on here labeled JLLC(Justice League Leveled Character): then list their character's first or code names. we would always make sure that the number of total JLLCs are equal in good and evil so the scale doesn't tip to one side

please reply with your thoughts bellow let the discussion BEGIN!
Back to top Go down
https://scrpg.forumotion.com
Rain-chan
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
Rain-chan

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:35 pm

I do agree that there needs to be a way for a characters to progress, but there must be rules and regulations and limits and such...
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:39 pm

yes and it has come to my attention that not all mods and admins are on the same page when it comes to op levels for example me and jak would probably find someone who can go above or at 300 mph would be kinda op but rain and alpha would say they are fine ((that's only an example not saying that's what you guys really think)) so I think even if we dont do my one idea we still need to talk about whats op and what isn't
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Well as I spoke to you Paige before you made this, you know I am aware of this and on the same page. I'll be checking in with this thread and placing my input but as for right now I have none to give out side, yes we do certainly need a general basis around acceptance of apps and what is character development and what isn't. Along with having a tad more thorough process in acceptance as for right now nt saying it is bad, but anything has room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:57 pm

also we might wanna talk about weaking or making some characters stronger because some people were stuck making weak characters while others got super strong ones I myself had to recently bring in one of my other characters to save mimics ass because her original powers got lowered so much shes truly deference less for the majority of the time and stood no chance against scorpion all because of some miss communication and I hope this won't happen to any one else because being in that position is rather annoying and not a very good feeling.
Back to top Go down
Rain-chan
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
Rain-chan

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 pm

So, the big question to me is... What's normal of an entry level character?
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:22 pm

well i think we should look at the current characters more logically and think with logic here like zan for example hes a demi god hes currently stuck with a major down grade that makes no seance but yes i know this would bring in some major problems with possible gmodding with stronger charries but if we figure out a method right now we wont have to do so later.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:10 pm

I agree about everything, some people can progress, but one thing. Who would be the other JL characters? I get it, I would love to have someone like Eric move up but what's the point if no other JL characters are made?
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:14 pm

i think we should make jls abvalible cannons if this goes threw
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm

SImply it should be put like this. Big Power = Big Weaknesses otherwise they dont get approved. If Zans a Demon God, then holy items and such need to heavily affect him or it's a no go.

As for the characters improving, ya that's fine, but for a new power, there needs to be a new recoil or weakness. Naturally, everyone's powers should progress, and they should find ways around their weaknesses, but this isn't a who can godmod the best or make their weakness hard to come by like finding kryptonite, it's a game. And it's not fun, when someone over powered. The way I figure it, every character needs to be able to be taken down by either brute force, the elements, or some type of magic.

If one of those can't stop you fully, then a human character cannot beat you or even come close. And in such case, Robin and other characters would be useless in a battle against you.

Notice, in TT there was no opponent Robin was ever 100% useless against, so therefore on this site there should NEVER be an opponent he has no chance of defeating. So yes, I agree, characters need to become more powerful, but there always needs to be a sufficient weakness to their attacks that humans can get their hands on without having to prep ahead of time (Go buy $100000 worth of kryptonite for example, would be hard for a street thug character) and their abilities themselves should not be able to to wipe out a city at a whim or be unavoidable. The same goes for making them only unavoidable in creatain conditions...That's again not very fair. EX: If Im not wearing a certain pair of pants, I get blown up. <--- thats not really fair.

In regards to what I just said, all powers should be available, or else it limits creativity on the kinds of chars you can make like Gods, demons, aliens, but they need to have rules. Like if you can wipe out a city, it should kill your character annnnd take hours to charge. That's fair. If you can heal from everything, then you need to not have super strength so you can at least be captured and detained. This needs to be in place, even if your char has been here 3 years and is getting more powerful.

So yes, checks and balances should be put in place, but I don't believe limiting characters is ever really a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://ttrpg.forumotion.com/
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:25 pm

great points jak. ok I think that is the best way to do up characters. i think the best way to handle the up grading thing is to make it like a 3 step planer thing lets use paige as an example.

3rd rank would be newbie or beginner lvled characters that anyone can rp (powers example):
at this stage Paige was only able to do simple energy bolts and acrobatics without losing control of her powers she still had all of her abilities that she does now but had no real control over them and was much weaker than they are now.

2nd rank would be regular or common lvled characters that anyone can rp(powers example):
can have full mastery over powers but can't be op with strength as in they have to have limits to them. Paige had mastery over her powers but they still had limits to them like she would get nose bleeds if she put too much strain on them and would get light headed.

1s rank would be JL lvled characters who only can be played by people who mods or admins said they could on certain characters that have proven they won't gmod with the powers. We would also get some JL members as cannons to come in and stop them of they get out of hand in an rp (powers example):
(Paige is already near but is not at this level) Has mastery over all powers every power of theirs has basically gotten as strong as they can but will be hard to make them any stronger. wouldn't really have that much trouble taking down a 3rd or 2nd ranked character.

if this idea does go threw we could even incorporate it into rps and just say the government has decided to label people and meta humans into ranks and such but that's just an idea.
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:42 pm

EH, I still think everyone should be on same tier. Characters are more about how you use them vs how powerful they should be. EX: How do you determine how powerful Batman is??? He can't get physically stronger only gain more gadgets....If the above is implemented, then were limiting the character itself because his gadgets come form his riches... That would mean the character has to get richer as time goes along to gain new gadgets, but even then if someone doesn't go down to electronics...Then that character cant get any more powerful. That's why trying to work out tiers and power levels doesn't work, because some characters cant go to another plateu, they're simply stuck where they're at. And that happens in the JLA as well, green Arrow cant get any more powerful and neither can Black Canary.

On the flip side if you wanna do this, the rank and posting system could help.

P.S. Characters who were supposed to have lived 1000 years before start out weak and within a year suddenly have a huge spike in power? I don't see that working...Even with Blood Blades brother... Didn't he destroy a city, that means when you first create him on the site he has to be weaker than what your story already says he is...ORRR he has to have that power and as he gains strength, that power will get better??? Not to mention if someone trained with batman or the master of martial arts or slade last week, I have to wait for a mod to approve me to say he got better at stuff?

Then trying to implement something else to counter that issue, would just make things wayyy too complicated around here. Thus why I say keep things the same, just allow characters to grow in storyline only. Like you have to develop a power or get an item in rp and it has to make sense AND it needs to come with a weakness or problem for that character.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:54 pm

SOLUTION: with the whole thing with the trained with slade thing would work perfectly with my new system example:

you train with slade/batman you edit your app to say hes stronger then post in app saying he did get stronger and would allowed to continue on rping with out need of approval but a mod would check app ever so often making sure they didn't turn JL level without being told they could yet

Ok with those who can't get stronger like batman green arrow and canary they are already JL leveled and pretty strong so if need be we can just say once you hit JL level you can't get any stronger to make it fair.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:08 pm

ok guys are we go or no goon the JL idea?
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster
JaK

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:57 pm

I'd rather just keep it simple, and go without, but Ill leave it to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power level limit (mods and admins only topic)   power level limit (mods and admins only topic) Empty

Back to top Go down

power level limit (mods and admins only topic)
Page 1 of 1