Teen Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
Mumbo EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
Mumbo EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
Mumbo EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
Mumbo EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
Mumbo EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
Mumbo EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
Mumbo EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
Mumbo EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
Mumbo EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
Mumbo EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath
Mumbo I_vote_lcapMumbo I_voting_barMumbo I_vote_rcap 
Emmi-chan
Moon
Rain-chan
Hotwire
ChaosTrinity
Hellbreaker3
JaK
Stryker
Mr.Blade
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
Mumbo I_vote_lcap0%Mumbo I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
Mumbo I_vote_lcap100%Mumbo I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 340 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 am
Affiliates

Mumbo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abyssal
Sidekick
Sidekick
Abyssal

Mumbo Empty
PostSubject: Mumbo   Mumbo EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:06 pm

”It’s only fair to warn you! I have no idea what I’m doing.” – Mumbo the Amazing to Starfire

MUMBO

Mumbo Char_272

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Unknown
Codename: Mumbo
Alias(es): None
Classification: Magical Metauman
Affiliation:Villain
Birthday: 1888

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: White (Magician), Grey (Human)
Eye Color: Unknown (Magician), Black (Human)
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 125 ibs.
Other Traits: His skin is turquoise, slightly pointed ears, ridiculously elongated nose, Mask akin to robin and Speedy’s.

===POWERS===

Powers:

Reality Manipulation: Mumbo can use his magic hat and wand to change the fabric of reality. He can construct live creatures, generate matter and energy out of nothing, alter the dimensions and densities of physical objects and alter his surroundings and person to better adapt to a situation.
There is no limit to what he can do.

Magician Form: Using his magical top hat, Mumbo can call and vanish his second form whenever he desires. Due to magical augmentations, Mumbo can do many things impossible for the average human. He can run at incredible speeds, enough to outpace Starfire and Raven while they’re flying. He can also leap incredible heights and distances. In the Magician Form his lifespan is limitless…

Skills:

Agility: Mumbo’s magical form grants him spectacular agility. He is able to dodge attacks and move amazing distances. It also seems as if he can slightly repel the effects of gravity to float at will, though it is possible that this would be considered a magic trick and not a factor of his magically enhanced body.

Weaknesses:

Humanity: Though Mumbo is very formidable while he remains a magician, removal of his hat or destruction of his wand will revert him back to his human form. Although his personality won’t change, his abilities will be severely diminished except for whatever slight of hand magic tricks the human Mumbo can use. In this state, he cannot fight against anyone with any form of legitimate combat training, and, due to his old age, is largely unable to perform any tasks. This is his greatest weakness.

Insanity: Mumbo can rarely control himself. His exposure to the powerful magic of the hat and wand rendered him with the maturity of a child and the wit of an adult. He often acts immaturely and behaves ridiculously during combat or dangerous encounters, and he’s rarely able to take anything truly seriously. He is easily distracted and usually cannot hold himself back form cracking jokes and taunting his opponents. Due to this, he’s utterly unable to harness his powers to their maximum potential.

Equipment:[/b]

Macic Top Hat: Mumbo’s top hat may not be the main tool he uses to perform magic, but it is the source of his powers. It can be removed from his person by his own will, taken of his head and thrown like a boomerang for instance, and, so long as it was removed from Mumbo by Mumbo, it will not cancel his magic. But if the hat is taken from him or his wand broken, his powers will be temporarily shattered and all of the magic wreaked in the past hour undone. There is a micro cosmos inside of Mumbo’s hat, where it is possible he practices much of his performance and combat magic as well as spends the majority of his thinking time. The hat has no effect on other humans; it only causes Mumbo to change in appearance and magical potential.

Magic Wand: Though not the source of Mumbo’s power, the wand serves to direct his magical energies in ways he could not usually manage. That is not to say that Mumbo is powerless if he uses magic without his wand, just that he uses it to focus his powers for a spell of a higher complexity. Often he will use magic without bothering to draw his wand from his jacket at all.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality:

Outgoing: Mumbo is often a very charismatic character no matter the situation. He constantly is making little jokes or acting silly despite any form of consequences (as his specific “brand” of insanity renders the world as little more than a huge game to him)

Greedy: Mumbo is often very possessive of two things. One, he will always try to steal money, though this is just a side effect of his insanity, as he has no legitimate need for material wealth (seeing as he could create it himself out of nothing if he so wished). Two, he is obsessed with finding his space in “the limelight” and will often put himself in unnecessary danger simply for the attention.

Strengths:

His inability to think rationally or take the world seriously lends him unbelievable confidence and bravery. He won’t back down from a fight simply because the other person is intimidating, because he cannot be intimidated.

Though he has no friends or allies (as NO ONE is willing to work with him, as harmless as he can be, he tends to get on people’s nerves) he is quite capable of handling himself. He excels at taking on multiple enemies and turning their attacks against each other, avoiding danger himself.

Interests/Habits: Acting, Singing, Stagecraft, Magic, Robbery.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Known Family Members:
All deceased.

Place of Origin:
Earth

Current Location:
Jump City

History:

Through much of his early childhood Mumbo lived with his family in Maryland. His father was a banker and his mother a psychologist. While they argued on the foundation of Mumbo’s career path, Mumbo himself had chosen to become a magician, a type of performer he’d always loved for its ability to make the world exciting and new. That quality amazed him owing to the fact that he considered his family to be incredibly dull and permanently grounded in the real world.
At the age of 14 he fled his home and joined the circus, a dream other kids had always mentioned, but only he had truly desired.
This was in 1902.
Learning second hand stage magic, he perfected the basic arts quickly and moved on to more advanced techniques. But throughout his training he was constantly irked by one fact, that none of it was real magic, that he was simply creating illusions for audience members. His love of the stage was trumped by his desire for true magic, and with that knowledge he went searching the country for any hint of real magic to be learned, using his salary accumulated during his time in the circus.
On his tour through the country, Mumbo discovered an enchanted top hat, cautiously tapping it with his wand. Mumbo’s hat imprinted it’s magical energies onto Mumbo and changed his appearance temporarily, but his personality forever, driving him insane instantaneously.
Mumbo still retained some amount of sanity and chose to remain human for as long as he could manage, aging normally throughout the years. But as he got on in his life, the temptation of the hat became too great and he found himself using it more often…

Sample RP:

“Hocus Pocus!”
Mumbo’s chant sounded throughout the bank, immediately the vault door turned into a paper-thin sheet with a vault door painted onto it. Without flinching, Mumbo walked into the vault, tearing through the “door.” Waving his hat in a circle, the money stacked neatly on the shelves was whisked away in a hurricane, spinning around the walls of the room and disappearing into Mumbo’s open mouth. For a time he stood there, his shirt bulging with the stacks of money before exhaling and releasing all of the air in his body.
As he breathed out, his shirt deflated, Mumbo breathed out the rest of the oxygen in his body and burped.
“Ooh, excuse me.” He said, pulling a napkin out of thin air and dabbing at the corners of his lips.
As he exited the vault, Mumbo was met with dozens of Jump City Police officers, their guns aimed at the vault opening.
“An Audience!” He screamed.
”You’re under arrest, please put your hands on your head and turn around.” Shouted an officer through a megaphone, standing behind a makeshift barricade composed of overturned desks.
”Well, if you want to play it that way. Let’s go ahead and make this an Audience Participation show. When I move, you shoot. Simple as that.”
Mumbo waved his wand and their guns turned into squirt guns.
”What the!?” The voice sounded again.
Despite their transformations, a few of the officers proceeded to fire their guns anyway, as high powered streams of water shot out and hit Mumbo, he began to steam.
”Noooo! I’m melting! I’m MELTING!!!” He screamed, dissolving into a pile of gelatinous liquid and sliding back into the vault.
The officers held their position, guns trained on the vault opening.
”Just kidding! You’ve been a wonderful audience!” Mumbo’s voice came from behind the officers, as he appeared out of thin air, swirling his cape and calling to different pieces of his body.
”…Toodles.” He said, and vanished in a puff of smoke, doves flocking outwards from all directions and a bright golden light shining from the spot of his disappearance.
The officers and bank staff stared at the spot where Mumbo disappeared from.
”Um… what was that…” One of the officers said.
Bird poop fell on his shoulder.

Hoping for a quick response so I can really fix this up Very Happy
I’m just gonna walk my dog and
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

Mumbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumbo   Mumbo EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Claimed
Back to top Go down