Teen Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath
Dusty Old Books (Moon) I_vote_lcapDusty Old Books (Moon) I_voting_barDusty Old Books (Moon) I_vote_rcap 
Emmi-chan
Dusty Old Books (Moon) I_vote_lcapDusty Old Books (Moon) I_voting_barDusty Old Books (Moon) I_vote_rcap 
Moon
Rain-chan
Hotwire
ChaosTrinity
Hellbreaker3
JaK
Stryker
Mr.Blade
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
Dusty Old Books (Moon) I_vote_lcap0%Dusty Old Books (Moon) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
Dusty Old Books (Moon) I_vote_lcap100%Dusty Old Books (Moon) I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 340 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 am
Affiliates

Dusty Old Books (Moon)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dusty Old Books (Moon) Empty
PostSubject: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 1:33 am

It was a quiet day at the library. Too quiet. Usually, Charity liked to talk to people. She didn't know why all the 'no talking' signs were everywhere. Wouldn't people rather talk to each other than read a bunch of boring books? She was doing them a favor. But today there didn't seem to be anybody to talk to.

She had told her parents on the way over here that she would try to find some good coloring books. Her dad told her that there were no coloring books at the library. He said that you could only 'read' a coloring book once.

So here she was, bored while her parents looked for boring books without any pictures.

But wait, there was one other person here. A teenage girl, who seemed to have been imprisoned behind a large stack of books. Charity grinned. She needed to be rescued!

The child walked over to Opal, bouncing as she walked. "What are you reading about?"
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 am

A girl with giant bushy red hair, an array of freckles, and a dress that had patches of all different kinds was sitting on the floor with books stacked around her. The books would all be on robotics, and she was diligently taking notes in a new notebook labeled "Robert". As she was studying, she pulled a lollipop out of her hair, unwrapped it, and popped it in her mouth. Opal then proceeded to flip through the pages at a crazy speed, memorizing each one when she glances at it once.
As she was studying, she jumped as a voice behind her scared her. "Eep! Oh!... It's.. These.. these are all on.. robotics.." She murmured, her face beet red.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 2:03 am

Charity giggled and put her hands behind her back. She hadn't intended to scare the red haired girl.

"Sorry about that. Robots, huh? Are you trying to build a robot? Are you sure that's a good idea? I saw this movie where robots took over the world. Well, the evil ones did. There were some good robots, too. I'm Charity, by the way. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 2:10 am

The little girl went on to talk about robots and how she watched a movie where a robot took over the world. It made Opal think for a moment, was Robert trying to take over the world? That'd be a scary world, he couldn't even do anything because he couldn't talk!
Pushing those silly thoughts from her mind, the girl introduced herself as Charity, making the flustered Opal confused.. "Charity... like... the-the gift of giving?" She asked, genuinely curious on who's parents would name their child after something like that.. "Oh! I'm Opal.. And I'm not trying to.. build.. a robot.. I'm trying to understand one.."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:56 pm

Charity nodded. This teenager knew what her name meant. That was kind of exciting. "Yeah, exactly." It was a bit more true than anyone would expect, but Opal wasn't asking about all that.

Opal, huh? "Isn't Opal like...a rock? I mean, it's a nice, shiny rock. Right?"

She was trying to understand a robot? Understand, as in they spoke different languages and it was hard for them to communicate? "Maybe I can help. I'm pretty good at understanding people. Although, you said it's not a person, it's a robot. But still."

Charity's eyes got big, suddenly. "Wait, but then that means you've actually met a robot? It wasn't that remote control robot made out of pop bottles at the museum, was it? Because he's not real. Wow, tell me about this robot that you know. Please?"
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:59 pm

"Well Actually Opal is a 'hydrated amorphous form of silica; its water content may range from 3 to 21% by weight, but is usually between 6 and 10%. Because of its amorphous character, it is classed as a mineraloid, unlike the other crystalline forms of silica, which are classed as minerals.'.. So technically it's a mineral.." She told her, telling her word for word which she memorized from a book. Charity then asked her about the robot telling she might be able to help, making Opal motion to her to come sit next to her. Both girls were so short that they wouldn't even be able to see over the stack of books.
Opal picked up her wand and tapped it, making 4 books fly from the pile and float in front of her face, flipping through them until she found the pages she wanted. "Well.. I don't think you could since he isn't here.." She told her, writing in the same book with both hands at the same time. "And he can't talk.. which makes it harder.. although I told him about sign language."

"Yeah he was a real robot! His name is Robert and despite looking really scary he's really nice! Which is why I wanted to understand robots more because... well... this is going to sound crazy.. but it's almost like he had a soul?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Opal seemed to know an awful lot about rocks. Or, at least about 'minerals.' "Well I think it's a very nice name," Charity said in response.

Charity sat next to the other girl. What a nice person!

A stick? As books started to fly in the air, Charity realized what it was. A magic wand! Her face didn't look too surprised, however. She had seen a lot of...interesting things in her life. Many of them could be rightly called supernatural.

"Oh wow. That's a cool trick."

Charity was actually more impressed by Opal's ability to write with both hands at the same time. How exactly did this girl's brain work?

Opal explained more about the robot, and Charity nodded. Opal wasn't just trying to understand what the robot was saying. Apparently, he didn't even speak at all. Instead, she was trying to understand things about him. The robot had proven itself to be kind, and Opal had reason to think it possessed a will of its own. A soul. "I don't think it sounds crazy at all. Why can't a robot have a soul? Everybody has a soul, but does anybody actually know where souls come from? It can't come from nowhere, because nothing comes from nowhere. So then, where? If we can't even answer that question, then we shouldn't be surprised if a robot has one." Charity smiled, and blushed a little bit. "I'm sorry if I'm talking too much. You seem like a really smart person. You probably already know everything I know, and more."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Charity went on to talk about souls, and how everyone had a soul and that we don't know where souls come from. She even said it can't come from no where because nothing comes from no where, but where could it come from. Opal was still writing when she dropped both of her pencils and fell on her face, all four books floating around her all clunked to the ground as well. "Auhhhhhhhhhhh." Opal groaned out, questioning her existence, souls, and how it affects her.
While this happened, a fat white cat would emerge from a box the the corner, stretching. He'd look at Opal, roll his eyes, and then sit right in front of her. Tubbs would then lick his leg, looking up at Charity. "What did you say to make her do that?" The cat asked, continuing to groom himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:57 am

Opal dropped the books, as well as her face, on the desk and groaned. Maybe she had been trying to answer that very question. Charity put her hand on the girl's shoulder.

Before she could ask if Opal was alright, a cat showed up. A cat? Charity didn't think they were allowed in the library. She also didn't think they were allowed to talk, but this one didn't seem to have a problem with it. Again, Charity wasn't as much startled as pleasantly surprised.

"A talking cat! Well that's wonderful!" She was genuine. She loved when animals talked in movies, but hadn't met any that actually talked in real life. "I just said something about how nobody knows where souls come from. I think she's trying to figure that out, though."

She gave Opal a hug. "But I really meant it. You're really smart. I can tell. If anyone could find the answer to that question, it would be you." She let the girl go. "But, if you want to understand the robot, shouldn't you be...you know...with that robot? Books are okay and everything, but you're just understanding books more by reading them. If you want to get to know someone, you have to hang out with them."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 5:20 pm

The little girl explained what she had said, making Tubbs smack Opal on the back of the head a few times. "Ohhh, you made Opal question human existence... That'll usually do it." Tubbs stated, going back to grooming himself. The red head continued to groan, the wheels in her head spinning as life itself was questioned. She had a big mind for someone so young.
After a few moments and a hug from Charity, the girl got up and rubbed her head, peeling the pencil off that was stuck on her forehead. She then proceeded to tell Opal that she should be with the robot to understand it, and reading doesn't always help. "Well.. books are all I have right now... I have no idea where to find him, or even where to start." Opal explained, looking around the room to make sure nobody saw Tubbs.

"The last thing we need to do is find that guy, he was crazy! Had a gun and everything! He also had the nerve to question me..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Opal didn't know where the robot was. Star City was a really big place, so Charity couldn't blame Opal for her hopeless statement. Where would you expect to find a robot? Charity had never met the robot, so she didn't know much about it. Robots didn't need to eat, but...maybe they needed to recharge their batteries or something.

"He has to have a scientist or someone who built him, right? If you could find the people who are building robots in Star City, maybe you could find him."

Charity pulled out her smart phone. It was her new, shiny present from her parents for turning 10. A few seconds later, she was looking at a website for a local robotics company.

"Star Scientific has some robots. Some of them dance. It's on the other side of town, though."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 10:43 pm

"Hmmmm.. That is true.." Opal agreed, listening to Charity's suggestion on him having to have some kind of scientist. It made sense, he had to be built in the first place, but what exactly did she want to do if she meant them? Talk to them? Ask them about the robot? She doubted they'd give a little girl such big answers. "I doubt he was a dancing robots... But that would be a good cover up." Tubbs chimed in while grooming.
"That's a good point! We could just head on over and talk to them!" She said quite optimistically, clapping her hands together. "Thank you so much Charity!" The girl said happily. "You're forgetting something, They won't just let any 12 year old girl walk up and view their top secret projects.." Tubbs said as a matter of factly, coming off quite rude. "It doesn't hurt to try.."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Charity pocketed her phone.

"How big of a secret can he be if he be if you've already met him? Either he escaped, or he is just free to do move around the city. Still, I think Star Scientific would be a good place to start. I'm sure you'll find Robert, and I'm sure you'll come to understand him and become good friends."

Charity noticed her parents were waiting for her over by the library door. "I better go. My family's waiting. I was so glad to meet you, Opal. I hope we see each other again." The girl gave her new friend another hug, and then skipped off towards the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:43 pm

"That's a really good point!" Opal commented, still weighing the pros and cons in her head. It doesn't hurt to try, right? That was what she was getting out of this situation, although she was still off put by the fact that Charity said that books wouldn't help her! Books always help! You can never go wrong with them!
Charity told Opal that her family was waiting for her, making her hug Opal and skip off. The young witch stood up and waved good bye to her new friend, followed by picking up her wand. She then flicked her wrists several times and all the books she just had flew back to their shelves, Opal smiling happily. "Alright Tubbs! To STAR labs!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Old Books (Moon)   Dusty Old Books (Moon) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dusty Old Books (Moon)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Revolution  :: Roleplay Section :: Completed Episodes :: Completed Episodes-
Jump to: