Teen Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath
Beyond the Mirror (Open) I_vote_lcapBeyond the Mirror (Open) I_voting_barBeyond the Mirror (Open) I_vote_rcap 
Emmi-chan
Beyond the Mirror (Open) I_vote_lcapBeyond the Mirror (Open) I_voting_barBeyond the Mirror (Open) I_vote_rcap 
Moon
Rain-chan
Hotwire
ChaosTrinity
Hellbreaker3
JaK
Stryker
Mr.Blade
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
Beyond the Mirror (Open) I_vote_lcap0%Beyond the Mirror (Open) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
Beyond the Mirror (Open) I_vote_lcap100%Beyond the Mirror (Open) I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 340 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 am
Affiliates

Beyond the Mirror (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Beyond the Mirror (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 12:21 am

The carnival was lively today. Children stole bites of each others cotton candy when nobody was looking. Groups of teenagers wandered between trying to win stuffed animals and the clearing out the snack vendors. An elderly couple were dancing with abandon along with the cheerful music.

In the middle of this social excitement, a tall figure in a bear costume walked the scene. On occasion, he would stop and pose for pictures with excited children. Then, he would continue on, making a lazy path towards the fortune teller.

Everyone seemed blissfully unaware of the truth. Inside the costume was an assassination robot. Anyone who looked at the bottom of his legs would have seen the mechanical, metal feet sticking out from beneath his costume. But everyone seemed otherwise distracted.

This tactic was called 'blending in.' Robot Sniper needed to dress up in costumes like this, or else he would be discovered, and thus destroyed.

Robot Sniper stopped in front of the fortune teller. He had come here for information. She smiled at him, knowingly. “Poor lonely one. I know what brings you. You want to learn about the world, but you are too different from everyone else. Well I can help you. I can show you a world all your own. Follow me.”

The woman led Robot Sniper into a maze of mirrors. If she hadn't been holding his hand, he would have been in an instant. They traveled past reflections and reflections of reflections until the fortune teller stopped. She pushed against a certain mirror, and is opened like a doorway. Beyond, only darkness could be seen.

“Go, lonesome one. Go and see what world awaits you.”

Robot Sniper entered the darkness, unaware that he was being followed.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Today was so supposed to be a simple day at the fair, trying to get some sweets to bring home along with a stuffed animal or two. Opal was happy to say the least, she brought a satchel with her and had Tubbs shoved inside, along with her usual stuff. Tubbs wasn't the happiest, so instead of staying like a good cat, he jumped out and ran off. "Tubbs come back!" Opal cried out, chasing after her cat into the hall of mirrors.
"I'm not going back into that bag you stuffed mushroom!" He told her angrily, going through the maze with ease. Opal on the other hand kept on running into the mirrors, giving her a nice red spot on her head. She made it to a point where there was an exit and a door that led to a pitch black room. She saw the door going to close, along with Tubb's white tail. "Tubbs wait!" She cried out again, going through the door in a pitch black room. "Tubbbbbbs? Where are yoouuu?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:25 pm

The darkness gave way to light, and as Robot Sniper kept walking, he opened a thick curtain. Past the curtain was daylight, which would lead Opal outside as well.

He was back in the carnival. It was the same, and yet everything was different. Children holding balloons, teenagers going on spinning rides, couples dancing...

They were all robots. Assassination robots, to be specific. Sleek black metal bodies, glowing red eyes, blank faces. Most of the robots were wearing clothing, even if it was just a hat, or glasses. Some of them were holding food, though they had no mouths to eat it with. Muted conversations were happening all around. Every once in a while, a robot would have a massive gun strapped to their back, but nobody paid them any extra attention.

Somehow, Robot Sniper realized, he had been transported to a place where humans had been replaced with robots. Here, he belonged. Here, he fit in.

He removed the bear outfit and dropped it on the ground. He didn't need it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:04 am

When she stumbled through the door, she didn't expect to see what her eyes were seeing. Usually behind doors were Exits or maybe brooms, but in this case, an entire world of creepy robots acting like humans. Some even were wearing guns like casual bits of clothing, which made everything all the worse, she just wanted to get Tubbs and get out of there!
A creepy giant bear in front of her dropped it's suit and showed itself being a creepy robot too, making Opal let out a small scream. She was the odd man out, she was a target, the person everyone would stare at because she was different. The young witch already had trouble in the human world, since she was so small and her hair was so big, but this now!

"T-T-Tubbs!" She called out again, her eyes filled with tears from the fear of all the robots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:07 pm

Robot Sniper walked up to another robot. For a moment, he wasn't sure what to do. He waved. The other robot waved back.

Well, what exactly were they supposed to talk about? Not much, apparently, since neither of them could actually speak. Perhaps simply being in a world with others like himself would provide a sense of community. But what was his purpose within this community? He did not know.

Curious to find out, he kept walking. A robot behind a counter tipped it's hat at him. Robot Sniper stopped. The carnie held up three red balls in one hand. With his other hand, he pointed at a pyramid structure of bottles behind him. Finally, he pointed at a prize: a live cat, tied to the carnie's counter with a leash. It seemed like an odd prize, but Robot Sniper decided to accept the challenge. He threw the first ball and knocked over all the bottles.

The carnie robot handed him the leash. Tubbs tried to pull away, but couldn't break the leash. Robot Sniper kept walking with his new pet.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:53 pm

When Tubbs was tied up to be auctioned off, he made sure everyone heard. "Get your metallic paws off of me! You piece of scrap!" The cat growled out, refusing as much as possible when the other robot won him. "If you don't let go of me I will spray on ALL of your circuits!" The cat threatened, hissing at the robot as he got dragged along.
When Opal was looking around, she saw her fat cat get pulled along by the previous robot, making her let out a small gasp. She quickly ran towards the robot and begun tapping on his arm. "Heyyyyy sirrrrr can I have my cat back?" She asked timidly, her voice shaking. "You get him Opal!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:45 am

Was it normal for cats to talk? Robot Sniper didn't know. He ignored the cat's words and continued to walk, dragging the cat along if necessary.

Something tapped him on the arm. A human? Had one followed him through into this world of robots? The girl wanted the cat. Apparently, the cat was her possession. Robot Sniper didn't see a problem with this. He handed the leash to the girl.

Curious, he turned around to look for the mirror maze. It was nowhere in sight. That didn't make sense. Where had they come from? Robot Sniper decided that nothing made sense about this in the first place.  How was the human girl expected to return to her own world?

And why did he care?

Other assassin robots seemed to be surrounding them. Well, surrounding the girl was more accurate. They hadn't made any attacks yet, but their proximity could be interpreted as quite threatening. Robot Sniper put a hand on her shoulder. They had come from the same place, and if he ever wanted to go back to that world, she might be useful to that end. The other robots saw this as a sign of protection, and backed off. When they were at a safe distance, Robot Sniper removed his hand. He watched the girl to see what she would do next.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 12:38 am

Luckily she asked nicely, because the scary robot gave the leash to Opal's shaking hands. She took off the collar and picked Tubbs up, holding him like a baby. "It's about time, I cannot LIVE in these circumstances!" He continued complaining, ignoring the fact that creepy robots were surrounding him. "and Opal, I swear on the Wizard Delfatrux himself, if you shove me in that satchel one more time! I will personally make sure to pee on everything you love." He continued, snicking his nose up in disapproval. "T-t-ubss.." She gulped.
Opal attempted to make herself seem smaller, bumping into the creepy robot behind her. She expected him to attack her as well, but instead he placed a hand on her shoulder... almost like he was... protecting her?? Seeing this, the other robots left, making Opal look around.

The door she first came from was gone, making her eyes go wide. How was she going to get home? Maybe the robot would know? Shakily, she turned around and looked up at him, Tubbs squirming around in her grasp. "I-I-Eh-Euh.. Wha-Whats your name?" Opal asked, still shaking from being scared.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 12:25 am

Name? She meant his designation. He had one, but he had not been designed to communicate with humans. Still, there seemed no harm in sharing his 'name' with her. If they ever became separated, it would help the human differentiate him from other robots.

Differentiate? Was he different than these other robots? Visually, their design seemed identical. Confirming certain similarities would require disassembling another robot, an act which would likely lead to violent interactions with that same robot. But behavior seemed different. These other robots seemed to have functions within a society. They all had features that made them unique. Articles of clothing, props, jobs. But Robot Sniper had none of those things. Even though they were exactly the same as same as him, he had no idea how they had come to exist in this bizarre mirror of human civilization. Successful integration into this society would require a defining feature. The mailbot, the policebot, and the cotton candy bot all had a unique identity.

But Robot Sniper had nothing unique about him. That was what made him different. He decided that he did not belong in a world like this. He preferred a world where he was the only assassin robot, where his objective was clear: to assassinate humans for research on effective strategies.

Robot Sniper picked up a notebook and black marker from a nearby table. He wrote a short message for Opal to read.

'My name is Robot Sniper m11p217.'

After showing the message to the human, he turned the page and wrote again.

'Your name is Opal? Your cat is able to speak. Explain.'
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 12:54 am

The Robot snatched a notebook a wrote down his name, allowing Opal and Tubbs to read it quickly. The young witch took several deep breaths to calm herself down, now able to stop shaking. She felt a lot better with Tubbs in her arms and the robots all seeming to ignore her, or at least she thought they were ignoring her.
His name was really long, something Opal wouldn't be able to say... "How about I call you Robert! Because it's close to robot!" She concluded, followed by an audible groan from Tubbs. "Out of all the things..." He continued, rolling his eyes.

Without hesitating, Robert wrote down another question for her, asking her name and about Tubbs. "Yeah! My name is Opal and this is-" She began, but was cut off by the cat in her hands. "And you are not able to speak? You're acting like I'm the odd ball in this situation!" Tubbs said with sass, sticking his nose in the air. "Tubbs don't be rude!" Opal scolded, looking back up at Robert.
"I'm sorry about that... But! This is Tubbs and he was an experiment my Aunt worked on! She was trying different potions on a new litter of kittens to try to give them human traits and Tubbs was the only one that came out being able to speak!" She explained to the robot, smiling down at her cat.

"If you don't mind me asking.. Robert... Umm are you not able to speak? Have you tried learning sign language?" She asked, distracted from the fact that her ride home was gone. She seemed to be a lot more comfortable already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 3:25 am

The cat had caught on to the fact that Robot Sniper could not speak, and he seemed confused by the fact.

Robert? It was an inaccurate name, but there was no problem with accepting it as an alias. Robert nodded, accepting the title.

The cat was some kind of experiment? Whatever had been done to the animal had given it the ability to speak. Perhaps this explains the blue-haired human with super speed, and the human/dragon hybrid. The humans of Earth must have engaged in extensive genetic engineering.

Robert wrote another message on the notebook. 'I cannot speak. I do not know sign language.'

It was clear to Robert now that he needed to return to the world with real humans.

'Do you know how we can leave this place?'
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:15 pm

"It's really easy actually! I'm sure you'd be able to pick it up fast!" Opal told him while signing at the same time. She had learn sign language a few years ago because she was bored and it rarely came in handy. Maybe she could teach Robert? Although her aunt wouldn't be too keen to have a... robot.. in her home.
When he brought up about leaving the place, Opal froze, starting breathe heavily. "I... I have no idea.." She said, tears welling in her eyes. "Well crying won't solve out problems. Suck it up and keep on going you prune!" Tubbs growled at Opal, obviously wanting to get out of there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 12:28 am

Opal did not possess information on how to return to the human world. Unfortunate. Still, the human girl was not without useful information. She knew a method of communication that relied on hand gestures. If Robert was ever without a notebook, he could still communicate with humans.

Opal was, in fact, the first human he had interacted with in a non-violent way. This communication between human and robot was...strange.

Wait, actually that wasn't true. Robert had communicated with the fortune teller at the carnival. She had been the one to bring him to this world.

Robert wrote a message on the notebook.

'Look for Fortune Teller.'

He scanned the crowd of robots, but did not see any other humans besides Opal. There was a robot holding a crystal ball and wearing a colorful costume. But it was a robot, not the same human that had transported them here. Robots were very rigid in their thinking, and Robert dismissed the similarities.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 12:10 am

Opal decided to sign as she spoke so that Robert could get a feel for the language, maybe one day he'd learn it himself. It would be cool if she saw him again one day and he was using it! That would be a first! Teaching a robot something!
After Tubbs talked some sense into her, Robert told her to look for a fortune teller. That must be the way home she guessed, if he was so interesting in looking for something oddly specific.

The young witch hesitantly grabbed Roberts hand and walked through the crowd, looking for something that looked like a fortune teller. She pointed to the robot fortune teller, wondering if that is what he was looking for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Robert studied the robot that Opal had pointed out. It did seem to be wearing a costume similar to the fortune teller in the human world, but it could certainly not be the same individual. Humans and robots were different, after all.

He started to turn away when he heard a surprising sound.

Humming.

The fortune teller was humming. None of the other robots had made a sound this entire time. Robert approached her and started humming along with her. It was a tune he recognized, and they were perfectly in sync for a few seconds before the tune ended. The fortune teller stood up straight and looked him in the eyes. She hummed a few short notes, simulating laughter.

Robert wrote a message on the notebook.

'How do we go back?'

The fortune teller read it, and pulled out a notebook of her own. 'Why would you ever want to go back?'

Robert replied. 'Here I am not unique. If I am not unique, then I serve no purpose.'

The fortune teller nodded, slowly. She then focused her red eyes on Opal while writing a message. 'And what about you, Witch Child? Why must you return?'
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:19 pm

The two of them were heading for the robot fortune teller, but suddenly humming rang out and Robert stopped. He turned around and followed the humming, making it hard for Opal to keep up. She scurried as fast as possible, behind him, still holding onto his hand tight along with Tubbs in her other arm. Robert then continued to hum the same tune to where they were matching for a bit.. Opal concluded it was a weird robot thing that he could do.. despite this fortune teller being human.
She first asked why Robert needed to go back, which he responded with his uniqueness, then she asked why Opal needed to get back. "If Tubbs and I don't get back by 9 I'll be grounded for a week!" She told her frantically, making Tubbs roll his eyes.

"You could have at least tried to say something poetic.." Tubbs said sarcastically, letting out a large sigh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:12 pm

Such a reason was nonsense, Robert thought. But then again, his own reason for returning would not have made sense to even himself a few minutes ago. His view of the world, and of himself, were changing, and some of that change was because of this human girl.

Come to think of it, she had been holding his hand a short while ago. She still seemed to be reaching for it when his hand wasn't busy writing. Was there some significance in this physical contact? Her intentions did not seem violent.

The fortune teller hummed thoughtfully, and then laughed again. She clapped her metallic hands together, and everything went pitch black.

A few seconds later, light returned. They were in the maze of mirrors again.

Robert understood that he had been transported back to the human world. No reaction was necessary. He looked at Opal, to see what she would do now.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:44 pm

The fortune teller only laughed at her response after humming, and then clapped her hands together. Opal and Tubb's vision went completely dark for several moments until they arrived back into the mirror maze. The young witch looked around, somewhat hiding behind Robert with her hand in his. She had no idea what was going on and felt dizzy from the weird form of travel.
While looking around, she saw that Robert was staring at her which she gave him a sheepish grin and let go of his hand. "I feel like I just went on a merry go round at max speed.." Tubbs said lazily, hopping out of Opal's hands and sitting on the ground.. "Merry go rounds aren't fast though.." She questioned, pulling out her wand from her bag and making sure it was still in tact. "Well.... a really REALLY fast merry go round!" He countered, licking his leg.

Opal turned back to Robert and signed as she spoke. "Are you okay now? I should get going soon.." She asked, smiling towards him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 pm

She was still holding his hand. Was it because she did not want them to become separated? She smiled. It was what humans did when circumstances were favorable. Did Opal find being with Robert a good thing?

Opal let go of his hand. Now Robert was confused, though his face was unable to show emotion. Why was she suddenly letting go of his hand? What had changed?

And why did he care?

She had a conversation with her cat about amusement rides, and then asked Robert if he was okay. Okay? Short for all correct, or a perfect status. Robert nodded. He was not injured, so he must be 'okay.' She also said that she needed to leave. Humans were busy. They always had places to go.

Robert started humming a fun, cheerful tune. He left the maze, and walked through the carnival. He had forgotten his disguise in the other world, but it seemed like he didn't need it. Aside from a few awed looks from people, everyone seemed to leave him alone. Even though he was a robot, these people seemed to accept him, or at the very least tolerate him. Humans were interesting.

Tomorrow he would assassinate another one of them.

Sitting beneath a tent, the fortune teller, a human, looked into a crystal ball, watching the parting play out. Perhaps she shouldn't have let them out of that illusion so quickly. Still, they had formed a bond, and that may have been enough.

"Opal, you poor soul," the old woman muttered under her breath. "I can only hope I've done enough to save you from your fate."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:39 pm

As Robert began walking away, Opal smiled and waved at him. "Byeeee Robert!" She sang cheerfully, plopping down on the ground and having fat Tubbs press himself next to Opal. "That was.. .interesting..." Tubbs whined, rolling over and waiting for Opal to pet him. The witch only nodded to confirm his thoughts and pulled a pen out of her bush of hair, she then began writing about her day, Robert, and sketched a dead on drawing of Robert so she wouldn't forget. This was one of the perks of having a photographic memory.
After ten minutes in the maze of mirrors, she shoved all these things back into her satchel, picked up Tubbs, and walked out to the carnival. She still had 20 minutes to get home, so she happily skipped along, unaware that she was being watched. Opal hoped that Robert would learn sign language.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Mirror (Open)   Beyond the Mirror (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Beyond the Mirror (Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Revolution  :: Roleplay Section :: Completed Episodes :: Completed Episodes-
Jump to: