Teen Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
Aegis Warden EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
Aegis Warden EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
Aegis Warden EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
Aegis Warden EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
Aegis Warden EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
Aegis Warden EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
Aegis Warden EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
Aegis Warden EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
Aegis Warden EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
Aegis Warden EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath
Aegis Warden I_vote_lcapAegis Warden I_voting_barAegis Warden I_vote_rcap 
Emmi-chan
Moon
Rain-chan
Hotwire
ChaosTrinity
Hellbreaker3
JaK
Stryker
Mr.Blade
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
Aegis Warden I_vote_lcap0%Aegis Warden I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
Aegis Warden I_vote_lcap100%Aegis Warden I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 340 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 am
Affiliates

Aegis Warden

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ArticulateT
Civillian
Civillian

Aegis Warden Empty
PostSubject: Aegis Warden   Aegis Warden EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:48 pm

"Even with what I've seen, I can never be sure."

Christopher Jameson

Aegis Warden Aegis_warden_drawing_by_articulate_t-d639cvn

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Christopher Jameson
Nickname(s): Chris, Paddy
Codename: Aegis Warden
Alias(es):
Classification: Human
Affiliation: Good
Birthday: November 12

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 6 foot 1
Weight: 181 lbs
Other Traits:

While not in costume, Chris tends to wear comfortable, non-descript clothing, such as jeans, t-shirt, jacket and trainers, all of which bear no specific brand or icon. His hair is shoulder length and tends to be fairly scruffy, having never really been brushed.

His skin, running along his arms and chest, seem to be tattooed with a series of Celtic Runes, which Chris will say are the 'Aegis' that contribute to his hero name.

The cape on his back is actually quite thin, looking almost like a scarf, and is attached to his armour via his right shoulder guard.

===POWERS===

Powers:
Super-strength and Invulnerability: Last recorded feat of lifting was around 25 tons, and has shown to be capable of withstanding sizable amounts of damage, ranging from explosions and firearms to moderate levels of energy without too much trouble. There are notable upper limits, as he has entered slugfests with others of a similar power level and had been beaten, but much like his other abilities, the upper limit of these powers are growing as time goes by.

Flight: Aegis Warden has been shown to fly at high speeds, the top recorded flight speed being somewhere close to 500 miles per hour. This flight does not require wings or tools, and the Aegis Warden seems capable of suspending himself in the air with little ill effects. However, his body still requires oxygen, and until it learns to adapt to the higher speeds, flying at top speed is done rarely. His average flight speed thus far has been recorded at 100 miles per hour.

Flames of Aegis: Aegis Warden appears to be in control of a non-burning flame of a bluish white colour. The fire itself can be used as a form of light source, but provides no actual heat. People that can sense magic would be well aware of the nature of the flame, and those who can sense magic on an acute level would be aware of a somewhat divine nature to it. The flame is primarily used as a form of offense, Aegis Warden using it by hurling fireballs of varying sizes, which explode with a concussive force on impact. The size of the explosion is dependent on the size of the fireball. For the moment, this is all Aegis Warden knows what he can do with it, but tries to experiment regularly.

Skills:

Skilled and agile fighter: while nowhere near the level of Robin or Batman, Aegis Warden is a skilled fighter, able to hold his own with basic martial arts and acrobatic prowess. His fighting style makes use of elaborate, sweeping kicks of Capoeira and the grapples, parries and throws of Aikido.

Basic medical skills: Aegis Warden is trained in the basic use of first aid.

Diplomat: Aegis Warden tries to solve issues with words before violence. As such, he seems able to read people to a decent degree, and talk to them comfortably.

Weaknesses:

Sonic Disable: Highly concentrated sound, such as Cyborg’s arm cannon or Black Canary’s Canary Cry, have a way of getting through Aegis Warden’s durability, and can hold him in place. When released from such an effect, Aegis Warden will be left dazed for a fair while.

The Spellplague: A rather unfortunate side-effect of his powers, as explained to him during his training. The Spellplague affects both mind and body, and may be somewhat sentient. During times of extreme fear or rage, the Flames of Aegis will shift to a red, and Aegis Warden will become almost feral, aiming to kill the thing that set off such fear or rage. If the target flees, it will take some time for him to calm down on his own without intervention from a third party. In this state, Aegis Warden will not see allies or enemies, only obstacles and a target.

The Spellplague is potentially infectious, and can affect other magic users who come into physical contact during this state. However, the plague doesn’t stay with them upon initial infection, and can be avoided from then on. Being affected by the Spellplague results in a similar outburst, which can result in potentially deadly brawls between enraged magic users.

It can also be noted that Aegis Warden’s vulnerability to highly concentrated sonic blasts becomes far more prominent when affected by the Spellplague.

Reluctant: Somewhat attributed to the Spellplague, but also his experiences upon receiving his powers, Aegis Warden will typically be the last to act. Afraid it might send him down the wrong path; he subconsciously avoids conflict or ‘hero-work’ and can, at times, be led to cowardice. If there’s a way for someone else to do it, or the presence of a way out where he needn’t use his powers, then he’ll take it.

Equipment:

Aegis Warden holds no equipment other than his armour, which is a lightweight Prometheum alloy. The armour is designed to be durable, but compliment Aegis Warden’s inherent mobility.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality:

Chris is typically a calm individual, greeting others with a pleasant smile and being as sociable as he can be. He tends to put his own matters to one side, though, not truly out of compassion, but more out of his desire to avoid discussing them. It can be noted that his desire to help out might be attributed to a past failure.

When faced with danger, or many of the crimes found in the city, Chris will often attempt to leave or hide. He feels that he should only do something if there really are no options left. If there's a way out, then he'll take it. He has no desire to utilise his powers, for fear that something may go wrong.

Chris endeavours to understand everyone he meets, wanting to be able to empathise with them should anything go awry. He will initially see everyone as a friend, and will do what he can to help out. It can be said that, despite his apparent fear of failing, there's not much else that can scare him.

Strengths:

His diplomatic nature, his cautious methods and his resourcefulness.

Interests/Habits:

Chris spends a lot of time wandering back and forth from the Jump City General Hospital. He works hard at a local cafe, and has taken an interest in the music played by independent musicians who play there. He has a habit of reading when he lacks anything to do.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members: Mother, father and brother.
Place of Origin: Dublin, Ireland
Current City: Jump City, USA
History:

Chris Jameson was a young man in love. Having graduated from High School on a foreign exchange program, and on his way to Jump University, he spent a lot of his time with a young woman named Delilah, his classmate and sweetheart. The two were inseparable, and to celebrate graduation, decided to take a short trip out of town, renting out a holiday home nearby. They truly were in love, and Chris, while being so young, had their whole future planned out.

The stage was set for disaster.

The two became victim of a home invasion, the masked assailants grabbing Delilah by the hair and dragging her to another room. Chris tried to resist, but was shot in the shoulder and left to die, and he may have done, if fate hadn't intervened.

The house was filled with bright lights and the chorus of combat, a confusing maelstrom that filled the young man's senses as he began to lose conciousness.

He awoke in Hospital, a few days later. The Doctors explained that police arrived on the scene, finding the attackers beaten and unconscious. They informed Chris that Delilah had been severely injured, and has been comatose since her arrival.

The next few days were filled with worry. Chris would hardly leave Delilah's side as the days went on, and the feeling of failure ate away at him. He refused to believe that the situation was beyond him, and he was hoping to find any way to rectify it.

One night, lying in bed and staring at the ceiling, something appeared in his room. The being was tall, covered in a set of glorious armour, and it glowed with a divine brilliance. The being introduced itself as Viero, an avatar of the Aegis. Chris was terrified, but Viero caught his attention with one question:

"Do you wish to protect her?"

Chris paused, curious and confused, looking to Viero

"...What?"

"Do you wish to protect your loved one?" the being repeated, "you failed once before, but there is a chance you can keep her safe again, no?"

Viero went on to explain that the Aegis sought more avatars, but was unsure as to why. Still, he felt that Chris was a being worthy of such a responsibility, as his dedication to this one person was a powerful driving force, and the sign of a truly good heart. He offered Chris the chance to become something more, something powerful.

After some hesitation, Chris accepted.

The coming months were filled with intense training. Chris was given the tattoos required to utilise the Aegis, and was trained in its basic use, as well as some degree of martial arts. Chris was informed about the 'Spellplague', an inherent infection that came with granting the Aegis to mortal men. This, and continued training would be challenges to ensure Chris would still be worthy of its power in the years to come, and that only the 'righteous' would be able to prevent the Plague altogether.

Returning to Jump City, Chris took up the name Aegis Warden.

Sample RP

Bleep. Tick. Hiss.

Bleep. Tick. Hiss.

Purest silence broken by three arbitrary sounds. Chris blinked his tired eyes as these sounds filled his ears, each time filling his core with a sense of disappointment, dread and loneliness.

Bleep. Tick. Hiss.

She was alive, that was good. Her hand, held tightly in his, was still warm to the touch. He took comfort in that fact, that the most important woman in his life was still breathing, still of this earth. Yet, he wanted more.

He wanted those pretty eyes to flutter open, her sweet voice to greet him as her lips curved into a tired smile. He imagined the day all the time. They'd share an embrace, he'd kiss her cheek and mutter thanks to whatever deity was watching at the time. He'd break down in tears, no doubt. he'd call the doctors in, they'd say she was all good to go, and then...

Bleep. Tick. Hiss.

A tear rolled down his cheek as the image replayed itself over and over again in his mind, and with each passing second he began to resent himself more. He failed, and this was the consequence of it. Now, with Mechanicus gone, there was no time travel, no do-over. This was his path, his fate. He failed, now he had to live with it.

Bleep. Tick. Hiss.

Last edited by ArticulateT on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Backstory change)
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

Aegis Warden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aegis Warden   Aegis Warden EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Claimed!
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

Aegis Warden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aegis Warden   Aegis Warden EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Everything is good except one thing. His History is confusing. Was he in the past then knocked out into a coma and when he woke up he was in present day?
Even so, Chris can't rule the world. He may be strong, but that would change the whole site itself and that can't be done, so that needs to be changed.
Back to top Go down
ArticulateT
Civillian
Civillian

Aegis Warden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aegis Warden   Aegis Warden EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Ok, edited to change the backstory to something else. Time travel element removed, replaced with visit from other-worldly being Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moon
Master poster
Master poster
Moon

Aegis Warden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aegis Warden   Aegis Warden EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Aegis Warden Moon_a14
Back to top Go down
ArticulateT
Civillian
Civillian