Teen Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
Maya EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
Maya EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
Maya EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
Maya EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
Maya EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
Maya EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
Maya EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
Maya EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
Maya EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
Maya EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath
Maya I_vote_lcapMaya I_voting_barMaya I_vote_rcap 
Emmi-chan
Moon
Rain-chan
Hotwire
ChaosTrinity
Hellbreaker3
JaK
Stryker
Mr.Blade
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
Maya I_vote_lcap0%Maya I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
Maya I_vote_lcap100%Maya I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 340 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 am
Affiliates

Maya

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaggad
Civillian
Civillian
Amaggad

Maya Empty
PostSubject: Maya   Maya EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Maya

Maya Surviving_the_Order_by_Aikurisu

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Maya
Nickname(s): N/A
Codename: N/A
Alias(es): N/A
Race: Atlantean
Affiliation: Good

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Aqua Blue
Height: 5’5
Weight: 117lbs

===POWERS===

Powers:
Atlantean Physiology:
Atlanteans are different from Humans. While they may look rather similar cosmetically, it is their biological makeup which differentiates the two; As Atlanteans are physically built so that they may survive in a deep sea environment. Naturally, all Atlanteans are capable of breathing underwater for as long as they wish, without any ill effects hindering them. This doesn’t mean that Atlanteans are restricted to the sea, as they are able to live on land. Albeit for a certain amount of time, Maya can survive for up to thirty six hours before needing to return to the sea. This duration can be significantly extended or shortened, mostly dependent on the atmosphere. A cold, west atmosphere may extend this time, whilst prolonged exposure to heat would cause Maya to deMayate, severely weakening her and forcing her to return to the sea sooner.

Maya’s strength level is slightly above that of the average Atlantean, which is around thirty five times that of an average human being, but still nowhere near the strength level of Aquaman (150x). With this, Maya also has a lot of stamina. Naturally Atlanteans have a lot of stamina, as to be able to survive the varying pressures of the Oceans depths. But Maya’s is slightly greater through her training. As she is able to withstand attacks that would severely injure a human, or injure an Atlantean. Bullets of course have the same effect on her, and heat based powers will have an increased effect on her still. This stamina helps greatly, as Maya is a fast swimmer (60mph) and with such stamina, it allows her to swim constantly at that speed for up to two hours – rather handy considering the size of the Ocean. Maya’s reflexes are increased too, just like any Atlantean; a round five to six times greater than your average human. Of course, none of this competes with the physiology of Aquaman, but for an Atlantean it is rather impressive. Some of Maya’s senses are greater as well, adapted to living underwater. Her sight is enhanced to allow her to see clearly through the murky depths of the sea. She can also smell distinct smells from a quarter of a mile away, and able to hear speech from up to half a mile away if focused.

Just like all Atlanteans, Maya has some telepathic power. It is very weak, as she is only able to use it to communicate with other Atlanteans. This telepathy only works on the Atlantean species, as she is unable to telepathically communicate with any other species, humans included.

Hydrokinesis:
Maya has shown over the years, a strong connection with the element of water. She can manipulate, control, generate and absorb both water and moisture. Water is a very destructive power, and with the right force can break through buildings, wear away structures and carry debris. It is worth knowing that this power can be matched/neutralised by fire, magma, ice and sand manipulation. As well as being very exhausting when it comes to controlling large codies of water. However, some applications of this power include;

• Maya can move and part water at will
• Maya can change the density of water, as well as lift objects (Weight of an object will determine how much water is needed to lift it)
• Maya can manipulate ocean currents and waves to form gigantic waves (Not on a Tsunami scale however)
• Maya can generate bursts and beams of water from her hands
• Maya is able to create high pressucrimson walls/domes of water to hold an enemy captive
• Maya can surf along waves on and off of land as a form of transportation
• Maya can shape water into an animalistic form (E.G. Octopus). This will of course keep the same properties of water, and when striking a foe; will only be as powerful as the force and weight of the water itself (Let’s say it is an Octopus tentacle. As soon as that hits an object/person, it will break off and need to be reformed using more water)
• Maya has shown to of infused her powers into her hand to hand combat as well.

Skills:
Hand to Hand Combat: Maya has received training in hand to hand combat from not only her father, but Queen Mera as well. Maya is deemed to potentially be the next Captain of the Atlantean Royal Guard, and through her strong connection with the sea, she had become an interest of Queen Mera. Whilst Maya can’t fight as well as her queen, Maya is good enough to put up a fight. She uses her Hydrokinesis powers in her fighting as well, allowing her to put more force behind her attacks, or be more creative in executing them. It can be used defensively as well, a high pressucrimson wall of water may act as a quick block, or it can be used for speed; to help Maya propel herself forward on land to strike etc.
Swimming: It’s a bit of a giveaway for an Atlantean. But Maya is a great swimmer, better than an Olympian, but not close to being the best in Atlantis. Swimming is something Atlanteans know from birth, thus why Maya is so good at it.

Weaknesses:
Dehydration: Maya is very weak to heat, any form of intense heat. Whether that be from the sun, or from fire. Maya’s skin is typically very wet, and once dried up she becomes a lot weaker; losing all of her water based powers, and lacking any physical energy.
Asphyxiation: As stated above, Maya can only live on land for a set amount of time before needing to return to the Ocean. She is restricted to thirty six hours, with that time being able to be extended and shortened dependent on various factors (Atmosphere, events etc.)
Almost Human: Maya is still at risk from bullets, stabbing, deep wounds, toxics, poisons, diseases, and all the other risks that come with being alive. She may be a tad more resistant than most, but she is not completely safe from such attacks.
Electricity: The problem for Maya is that her skin is typically very wet. Now, when you add Electricity to water, there are rather explosive results. Maya is wary for electricity, hoping to avoid it at all costs. But if it does hit, well. You’ve got yourself a fried Atlantean.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality:
Maya is extremely confident, and it shows. She’s very competitive too, and that edge shows in all aspects of her. She wants to be the best at everything she does, she believes she does, but has a constant need to show off. That is perhaps a rather bad trait to have, but on the plus side you know she will never let you down either. She isn’t one to speak a lot, or really start conversation. Strong and silent really, but she has no problem engaging in conversation when needed, and making sure she is heard.

Strengths:
Determined: Maya is very determined in what she does. No matter how little the task may be, she gives it her all. There’s no point doing anything half-assed in her eyes. Maya refuses to back down from a challenge, or a battle as well; fully believing that she can overcome any obstacle put in front of her.
Loyal: Maya’s first loyalty lies with that of the King and Queen of Atlantis. However, she is on the side of good, and anyone who shares the same alignment as her is a valuable ally; who she will always seek to protect above anyone else.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members: Alistair (Father) Celeste (Mother/Deceased)
Place of Origin: Atlantis
Current City: Jump City
History:
Maya is a native of Atlantis, having been born there and spending most of her life there as well. She is the daughter of Alistair and Celeste, two members of the Atlantis Royal Guard. Since a young age, she has displayed a strong connection with the sea, gifted by it, and thus had grabbed the interest of several members of the Royal Guard, and even Queen Mera. Who deems her to potentially be the successor, to the Captain position in the Royal Guard sometime in the future. However, having parents who are both Royal Guards is not necessarily the ideal situation to be in. When Maya was nearing her second birthday, there was an attack on Atlantis, with Black Manta being behind it. As such, her parents had to fight, they had to protect Atlantis. Maya was left by her mother with Queen Mera so that she may join the fight. The battle resulted in several casualties, most notably the death of Maya’s mother; Celeste.

Maya never quite understood her mother’s sudden disappearance, she was young after all. She always figured that she would be back one day. Alistair decided to quit the Royal Guard, which many didn’t want to see, but understood as now he was Maya’s only parent, and well. He needed to stay alive, for her. But also, he just couldn’t bear to be part of the Guard anymore, without Celeste by his side. Maya was never toled the truth of what happened to her mother until the age of six, She wasn’t told by her father either, he had been rather distant about it, quiet. It was Queen Mera who did, thinking it best she knew the truth. Maya didn’t fully understand, but she pledged to fill the role of her mother. So she began training, learning from her father every now and then, but also training alone when she could on the outskirts of Atlantis. Maya was showing great progress, advancing by leaps and bounds each day. She was determined to join the Royal Guard, to protect Atlantis so nobody else faces any tragic casualty. At the age of sixteen, per request; Queen Mera wanted to meet her, having not seen Maya since she told her the story of her mother. Maya’s skills and determination showed, in what was a demonstration to the Queen. And thus Mera would offer to teach her a few things she had picked up herself when she could find the time; bit hard for a Queen, really. This training went on for a few months, and eventually Maya’s seventeenth birthday was approaching. It was suggested to Maya by the Queen that she leave Atlantis; If only to spend some time away, to grieve her mother properly, and to live life outside Atlantis. When you get advice from the king or queen, you should take it. Thus, after her seventeenth birthday, Maya departed from Atlantis, safe in the knowledge that when she returns, she has a place in the Royal Guard.

Now Maya arrives in Jump City, a chance to experience life outside the Ocean. Without any contacts, nor a place to call home; this Atlantean has a lot to learn about life on land, and fast.
Back to top Go down
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster
Tannascurath

Maya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maya   Maya EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:41 pm

ok before anyone says HEY I THINK SHE MAY HAVE TO MANY POWERS please remember she's Atlantean which means basically all of those abilities are needed for her and telling her she can't do half of those things cause she might be going over board on powers is like telling a human they aren't allowed to get really strong or master something and not couldn't it as a power even though it's natural for them. So basically what I'm saying members don't post on here (members who aren't mods/admins or ama) about powers. so with out further ado...

Back to top Go down
https://scrpg.forumotion.com
Amaggad
Civillian
Civillian
Amaggad

Maya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maya   Maya EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm all for removing Hydrokinesis if it would bring her more in line with limits for powers. Natural Atlantean powers still rock imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maya   Maya Empty

Back to top Go down

Maya
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Revolution  :: Character Building :: Graveyard-
Jump to: